The Healthcare Interpreter Training Certificate offered at SEFLA Languages developed by a translator and interpreter trainer who is also an ATA certified translator meets the knowledge and skills outlined by the National Council on Interpreting in Healthcare (NCIHC) as well as the National Code of Ethics and standards of practice for interpreters in Healthcare.
This certificate provides acceptable proof of medical interpreter education which is an eligibility requirement of professional competence for candidates seeking certification through the National Board of certification for Medical Interpreters.
Among several skills, methods and subject knowledge learning upon successful completion of this program, trainees will be:
- Introduced to different aspects of language and communication dynamics as they impact healthcare interpreting.
- Introduced to the ethics in healthcare profession and the ethical principles and standards of professional interpreter practice.
- Converting messages accurately and completely from a source language to a target language.
- Interpreting protocols based on understanding the rationale for these protocols and their appropriate use.
- Explore ethical and other professional dilemmas and situations.
- A significant amount of guided and collaborative practice, ongoing assessment, skill development monitoring, and feedback from a variety of members of the teaching team.
Our next class starts Wednesday, January 22, 2020, and the schedule is Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Pass the admission test (free).
- Make your payment.
- Call today to set up an appointment to take your admission test.
- Take admission test (free).
- Make your payment as soon as you are notified you passed the admission test.
- Start your training as scheduled.
Yes! It’s that easy, please call or send us an email today.
Check out below calendar to confirm starting dates: